Cinnamon pancakes with caramelized apples and yogurt
For caramelized apples:
- Flour: 150 g
- Cinnamon: 1,5 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- Liquid honey: 1,5 spoons (or maple syrup)
- Buttermilk: 250 ml (or kefir)
- Eggs: 4
- Apples: 3 (large)
- Sugar: 2 spoon
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: 30 g
- Liquid honey: 100 ml (or maple syrup)
- Apple juice: 200 ml
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together egg yolks, kefir and honey. Sift flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix lightly.
- 2. Whip egg whites into stiff peak, and mix into the dough. Heat a frying pan, add a little bit of oil and make pancakes.
- 3. Peel apple and remove the seeds. Slice the apples. Add sugar and cinnamon on apples. Make sure that all apples are covered with cinnamon-sugar. Heat the same frying pan, melt butter and cook apples in about 5 minutes until it starts to caramelize. Add honey, juice and cook until sauce becomes more like syrup.
- 4. Put some caramelized apples and Greek yogurt on pancakes. If don't like apples, you can also put on honey with Greek yogurt or jam. Enjoy!