With app it is better!
- All recipes in your phone
- Shops discounts in your phone
- Faster performance
- And more functions!
Do you want to download our app?
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 eggs (separate yolks and egg whites)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 lemons (juiced and zested)
- 9 inch of pie crust, baked
- 6 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. To Make Lemon Filling: Whisk together one cup of sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir in water with lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 3. Cook over medium-high heat, stir frequently until mixture boils. Stir in butter.
- 4. In a small bowl place egg yolks and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue cooking while stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick.
- 5. Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
- 6. To Make Meringue: Whip egg whites into a bowl until foamy. Add 6 tablespoons of sugar gradually and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- 7. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- 8. Bake in preheated oven until meringue becomes golden brown (it will take about 10 minutes).