Salmon.. It is the only fish that is delicious itself. You only need to add a bit of salt, pepper and few drops of lemon juice - you can already enjoy it. Despite the fact that salmon is easy to make it also has a lot of benefits like:
* Helps to sleep better. Salmon contains elements like tryptophan, which acts as a natural sedative and helps to get a better sleep.
* Good for bone health. Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish or fish oil could help enhance bone health to keep conditions like osteoporosis at bay. Inflammation contributes to a process in which bone tissue is broken down. Since omega-3-rich salmon is a natural anti-inflammatory food, eating this fish on a regular basis is a great way to keep your bones strong.
* Helps to lose weight. Salmon is the right meal choice for those who wish to lose weight and keep it off because of its high protein content, which regulates hormones that control appetite and makes you feel satiated. Being low in calories, salmon has polyunsaturated fats that are also known to promote weight loss and target belly fat.
* Source of Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps to strengthen bones, reduce the risk of diabetes, fight cancer, and prevent heart disease. If you are not an early bird and do not spend a lot of time outside, it is quite possible that you are not getting the required amount of vitamin D. Moreover, if you have very sensitive skin, it is better to avoid sun exposure.
* Boosts Brain Performance. Omega-3-rich foods have been shown to increase the efficiency of various brain functions, including improved memory. Relieves inflammation to protect the nervous system from stress and age-related damage, and they may possibly act as an antidepressant as well. Therefore, long-term omega-3 supplementation can help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s symptoms.
* Optimizes Skin Health. The supplements you use to keep your skin healthy are specifically for omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon. Consuming wild-caught salmon may help provide glowing and more supple skin.
* Great for moms. Eating salmon while pregnant or nursing can bolster fetal brain development. Salmon is chock-full of DHA, a type of polyunsaturated fat that's readily available in oily fish.
* Prevents Hair Loss. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, iron and protein that improves scalp health and prevents hair fall by providing nourishment to the follicles and promotes hair growth.
How to shop salmon
It is important to choose healthy, fresh fish. You should ask for fishmonger when they got the fish. Therefore, there is some things to look:
· Fresh smelling
· Red gills bright in color
· No slime in gills
· Consistent coloring, no dark spots
· Firm flesh that springs back to the touch
· Flesh intact with bone
· Clear eyes
· Free of cuts on belly area or other parts of the body
· Free of discoloration
Keep salmon in the coldest part of the refrigerator, such as meat drawer or the lowest shelf in the back of the fridge.
There are a lot of different ways to make salmon salad. Firstly you have to choose which one you would like to make with hot or cold salmon. I have my favorite hot salmon salad recipe which I am willing to write after few days and of course I have this recipe of Cold Salmon salad with Cottage Cheese recipe. Ingredients for this recipe is salmon (surprise!), cottage cheese (2nd surprise!), lettuce leaves (yes, I know, 3rd surprise!), sour cream, olive oil, grated lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt and minced mint leaves. You can easily mix it all together and enjoy, yet if you wish to get delicious looking, better follow the instructions.
Firstly you have to crumble cottage cheese with fork and add sour cream on it. Then mix it well, add a bit of salt and minced mint leaves. Now you can form small balls and place it in fridge for about 20 minutes. Take grated lemon zest and mix it with remained minced mint leaves. And roll the cottage cheese balls into this mixture. After that we are read to make salad. Slice lettuce leaves, salmon and on the top place cottage cheese balls. Honey should be mixed with olive oil and sprinkled on salad. Enjoy.